From: sipping-bounces@xxxxxxxx [mailto:sipping-bounces@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Brett Tate
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 1:35 PM
To: dyork@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; tasveren@xxxxxxxxxxxx; sipping@xxxxxxxx
Subject:  draft-york-sipping-p-charge-info-12: ABNF

Howdy,

Draft-york-sipping-p-charge-info-12 includes the following ABNF without
explicitly indicating if the charge-param is part of user,
telephone-subscriber, or both.  I'm not sure how to interpret the
charge-param statement since userinfo has no parameters (although user and
telephone-subscriber can have them).

Is charge-param part of user, telephone-subscriber, or both?  I recommend
updating section 7 to remove the ambiguity.

Thanks,
Brett

------

Draft-york-sipping-p-charge-info-12:

"The syntax of the P-Charge-Info header is described as follows:

         P-Charge-Info = "P-Charge-Info" HCOLON (name-addr / addr-spec)
                 ; name-addr and addr-spec are specified in RFC 3261
             charge-param = npi-param / noa-param / generic-param
             npi-param = ";npi" EQUAL npi-value
                 ; generic-param is specifed in RFC 3261
             npi-value = gen-value
             noa-param = ";noa" EQUAL noa-value
             noa-value = gen-value

   The SIP URI contained in the name-addr/addr-spec is the billing
   indicator that is passed between the parties.

   charge-param is used as a userinfo parameter in P-Charge-Info."

RFC 3261:

userinfo =  ( user / telephone-subscriber ) [ ":" password ] "@"
user     =  1*( unreserved / escaped / user-unreserved )

RFC 2806:

telephone-subscriber  = global-phone-number / local-phone-number