Re: [Sipping] New Version Notification fordraft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer-12

Hi oa-lovers,

I have two proposals.

|2.2.  Rejection of an Offer
| (snip)
|  Alternatively the UA may terminate the
|  dialog and send an error response to the INVITE request

I propose the alternative text for the above-mentioned one.

   Alternatively the UA may send an error response to the (re)INVITE
   request to terminate the dialog or to roll back the offer-answer
   status before sending reINVITE request. In this case UAS should not
   continue to retransmit the unacknowledged reliable provisional
   response, UAC should not continue to retransmit a PRACK request.

|2.2.  Rejection of an Offer
| (snip)
|   (While it may be tempting to respond with a 488 response in this
|   case, that is not recommended, because it does not acknowledge the
|   response.)

488 response to PRACK is still tempting for (hopefully not only) me.

"UAS may respond 488 and UAC should send again PRACK without offer."

I think it doesn't violate the current normative definition,
the process is more effective than always-200OK with a meaningless SDP.

I propose the alternative text for the above-mentioned one.

   The 488 response is another proposed solution, UAS may respond with
   a 488 response and then UAC should send again a PRACK request without
   an offer.

By way of caution, I do not deny "always-200OK".

Regards,
Shinji