Re: [Sipping] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer-12

I just submitted draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer-12.txt.

It addresses comments received re -11 from Okumura Shinji, Brett Tate, Gao Yang, and Keith Drage.

Shinji had a number of comments regarding sections 4.1 and 4.2. I tried to fit them in, not literally, but hopefully in spirit. I had better luck with section 4.1. For 4.2 I disagree that 3311 forbids the sending of an UPDATE while awaiting a prack. (It probably should have been, but I don't see that it is.) Ultimately I couldn't figure out how to make the comments on that section work. Modulo the parts I agreed with the existing text has equivalent meaning, so I left it unchanged.

Brett pointed out that Retry-After cannot be used with 491. I have removed any suggestion that it should be.

Gao wanted more emphasis on avoiding cases where it might be necessary to fail a prack. I have reworded things to make that more explicit and removed suggestions to use 491 as a response to prack.

Keith objected to normative language in the suggestions that Gao made. I have avoided using normative language.

Please review this carefully - its always possible that subtle issues could have crept in.

	Thanks,
	Paul

IETF I-D Submission Tool wrote:
A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer-12.txt has been successfuly submitted by Paul Kyzivat and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer
Revision:	 12
Title:		 SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) Usage of the Offer/Answer Model
Creation_date:	 2010-03-08
WG ID:		 sipping
Number_of_pages: 22

Abstract:
The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) utilizes the offer/answer model
to establish and update multimedia sessions using the Session
Description Protocol (SDP).  The description of the offer/answer
model in SIP is dispersed across multiple RFCs.  This document
summarizes all the current usages of the offer/answer model in SIP
communication.

The IETF Secretariat.