Re: [Sipping] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer-12

Hi,

I just find time to review the parts about PRACK and non-offer ReINVITE.

I am OK with the PRACK parts now.

The ReINVITE part is a little complex as it has two levels. The first level is the UAS should arrange the offer by it's means. And it has been modified, and I am OK with it now.
The second level is the BCP/normative description about the content of the offer. I think we still haven't come to an agreement. But I really think that as there are people(such as Keith and you) treat it as normative description, I am OK with your current text.

Thanks,

Gao

===================================
Zip    : 210012
Tel    : 87211
Tel2   :(+86)-025-52877211
e_mail : gao.yang2@xxxxxxxxxx
===================================

Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@xxxxxxxxx>
发件人:  sipping-bounces@xxxxxxxx

2010-03-08 22:25

收件人
sipping <sipping@xxxxxxxx>
抄送
主题
Re: [Sipping] New Version Notification for        draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer-12

I just submitted draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer-12.txt.

It addresses comments received re -11 from Okumura Shinji, Brett Tate,
Gao Yang, and Keith Drage.

Shinji had a number of comments regarding sections 4.1 and 4.2. I tried
to fit them in, not literally, but hopefully in spirit. I had better
luck with section 4.1. For 4.2 I disagree that 3311 forbids the sending
of an UPDATE while awaiting a prack. (It probably should have been, but
I don't see that it is.) Ultimately I couldn't figure out how to make
the comments on that section work. Modulo the parts I agreed with the
existing text has equivalent meaning, so I left it unchanged.

Brett pointed out that Retry-After cannot be used with 491. I have
removed any suggestion that it should be.

Gao wanted more emphasis on avoiding cases where it might be necessary
to fail a prack. I have reworded things to make that more explicit and
removed suggestions to use 491 as a response to prack.

Keith objected to normative language in the suggestions that Gao made. I
have avoided using normative language.

Please review this carefully - its always possible that subtle issues
could have crept in.

                Thanks,
                Paul

IETF I-D Submission Tool wrote:
> A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer-12.txt has been successfuly submitted by Paul Kyzivat and posted to the IETF repository.
>
> Filename:                  draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer
> Revision:                  12
> Title:                                   SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) Usage of the Offer/Answer Model
> Creation_date:                  2010-03-08
> WG ID:                                   sipping
> Number_of_pages: 22
>
> Abstract:
> The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) utilizes the offer/answer model
> to establish and update multimedia sessions using the Session
> Description Protocol (SDP).  The description of the offer/answer
> model in SIP is dispersed across multiple RFCs.  This document
> summarizes all the current usages of the offer/answer model in SIP
> communication.
>

> The IETF Secretariat.

ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.