De : Dan Wing [mailto:dwing@xxxxxxxxx]
Envoyé : lundi 9 mars 2009 19:20
À : BOUCADAIR Mohamed RD-CORE-CAE; HKaplan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; sipping@xxxxxxxx
Objet : RE:  TR: I-DAction:draft-boucadair-sipping-ipv6-atypes-00.txt

> But that means all users, belonging to another entity, would have to
> use the same IP address family.  This prevents a graceful upgrade from
> IPv4 to IPv6 as the handsets/SIP UAs/etc. become IPv6-capable, as
> there will be unnecessary translation to the old address family
> (IPv4) even though IPv6 could be done end-to-end.
>
> Med: I don't get the point Dan.

Let me explain my point.  If I am operating a network that is 100% IPv4,

Med: If your network is 100% IPv4 and all communications should cross your realm, there is no chance to let you IPv6-enabled customers to use IPv6 capabilities to access the service !

how do I indicate to other networks that some of my users now support IPv6?

Med: This question is valid only when IPv6 is handled in your domain (e.g. correct parsing of IPv6 addresses, accept to enclose IPv6 addresses in SIP messages, etc.). My proposal is as follows:

- SIP interconnection agreement between two IP telephony administrative domains should include a technical clause which refers to this IPv6 capability and that atypes is part of the "SIP profile" (i.e. accepted header when entering the adjacent domain).
- When atypes is set in a message issued by a UA, the proxy server of the originating domain retrieves next hop, which is in this interconnection scenario the interconnection node or the adjacent Proxy Server. The forwarded request must keep the atypes.
- The request is then received by the adjacent proxy server. It uses the atypes value of the INVITE together with the ones stored in its registration db to determine if NAT-PT/NAT64/NAT46/SIP-ALG is required.

  That is, if the other service provider is doing that adaptation function, how does the adaptation function get involked for my some of my users that support IPv6?

Med: This is driven by the (atypes of source, atypes of destination). Did I answered your question?

-d