Re: Comments on draft-niccolini-sipping-siphandover-05

Dear all,

I am trying to summarize the feedback I have received so far,
I would welcome your input if you see something missing, otherwise
I will proceed updating the draft and then organize a call for people
to comment live.

So far (in addition to the authors of the draft), several people
commented and expressed interest in joining the discussion:
-- Salvatore Loreto, Cullen Jennings, Ashutosh Dutta, Serhad Doken and
Hassnaa Moustafa

-1- Cullen: add a mandatory requirement saying

The solution should *allow* a "make before break" even if it
is possible to use the solution to also do "break before make"

-2- Cullen: add an optional requirement addressing packet loss (the
general minimization of impairment is already a mandatory requirement)

Using "make before break" should minimize packet loss. The
solution should also try to take care of the packet reordering
due to the vertical handover.

-3- Serhad Doken: evaluate two additional requirements

-- Vertical handover procedures not bringing down ANs
--> I propose to add it (after re-wording) as "mandatory"

-- MH not switching ANs too frequently
--> I propose to add it as "optional desirable"

-4- add an appendix describing recent work done in 3GPP at high level
but still technically avoiding people to fetch 3GPP documentation:
I will prepare text for this including VCC + Centralized IMS Service
(latest evolution of VCC), Session Continuity

Let me know if I missed or misinterpreted something.

Cheers,
Saverio

Dr. Saverio Niccolini
Manager, Real-Time Communications Group
NEC Laboratories Europe, Network Research Division
Kurfuerstenanlage 36, D-69115 Heidelberg
Tel.     +49 (0)6221 4342-118
Fax:     +49 (0)6221 4342-155
e-mail:  saverio.niccolini@xxxxxxxxxxxx <-- !!! NEW ADDRESS !!!
NEC Europe Limited Registered Office: NEC House, 1 Victoria
Road, London W3 6BL Registered in England 2832014