Re: Draft: Essential correction for re-INVITE rollback in RFC3261

Hi,
	>If Re-INVITE issues session modification of adding new media component(such as vedio), and the modification is rejected by the peer. >	>The media parameters may changed successfully before rejection(such as precondition), the media parameters should rollback. >>>	>	My main attitude is that: >	>	1、Offer/Answer after the Re-INVITE may be part of the modification issued by Re-INVITE. Such as UPDATE(with precondition notification) and PRACK(refine codecs in 3GPP usage).
Correct. But, the UPDATE may also be used for something ELSE than precondition notification.
	>	2、If Offer/Answer after the Re-INVITE is a new modification, it has nothing to do with Re-INVITE and its failure. (we have no reason to say that >	the the new successful modification should be commited by the signal(2XX of Re-INVITE) associate to the original >	modification request.)
Isn't that what we are saying? If I send UPDATE after re-INVITE, and receive 2xx for UPDATE, whatever was changed in the UPDATE transaction stays changed. It doesn't matter if I then receive non-2xx for the re-INVITE.
It would be much easier if we had a dedicated SIP request for precondition notifications (we used to have COMET, didn't we? :). We could then say that it is fully rolled back if the re-INVITE fails. The problem now is that UPDATE can be used for precondition notficiations AND actual parameter changes.
Regards,
Christer

				draft: 	URL: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/staging/draft-gaoyang-sipping-session-state-criterion-00.txt 						Brett Tate <brett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 	发件人:  sipping-bounces@xxxxxxxx
	2009-01-14 03:47
				收件人		Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@xxxxxxxxx>, Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, sipping LIST <sipping@xxxxxxxx> 		抄送				主题		Re:  Draft: Essential correction for re-INVITE rollback        in        RFC3261