Re: Draft: Essential correction for re-INVITE rollback in RFC3261

> Just to support Christer: I was initially in favor of the
> full rollback approach. But the discussion showed that it
> had the race condition that Christer mentions. We
> considered introducing additional machinery to resolve
> that race, but that just complicated things further,
> especially backward compatibility, for an obscure case.
>
> So, I have come to understand that there is no ideal
> answer, and so am satisfied with the one that was chosen.

As mentioned within an August thread, I'm not necessarily opposed to the adjustment.

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipping/current/msg16073.html

However as mentioned within an email I sent Friday, I'm currently still unsure of the specifics of the chosen approach.  What is the meaning of "successfully" updated/changed as criteria to not rollback session parameters?  What are the rules concerning non session parameters (such as Contact)?

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipping/current/msg16567.html

> I realize that not everybody knows all the history of
> this, so we explain it again, but we can't re-open the
> decision at this point.

Since the decision has been made, hopefully somebody knows the answers to the above questions.

Thanks,
Brett