From: gao.yang2@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gao.yang2@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 14. tammikuuta 2009 7:56
To: Paul Kyzivat
Cc: Christer Holmberg; sipping LIST; sipping-bounces@xxxxxxxx
Subject: 答复: Re: Draft: Essential correction for re-INVITE rollback in RFC3261

Adding more expatiation on it:

If latter Offer/Answer(such as in UPDATE/200OK) having nothing to do with the original modification triggering by Re-INVITE, it is just a new modification
as the original one. Its commit/rollbak having nothing to do with Re-INVITE(and its failure).

But if latter Offer/Answer(such as in UPDATE/200OK) having association with the original modification triggering by Re-INVITE, it should be explained with
nest transaction semantics. I just explained it using nest transaction concept, without introducing any new definition.

I find that current well known extension usage of Offer/Answer such as precondition(and others) just keeping to the explanation using nest transaction concept. The nest transaction concept is the nature property of such extension usage of Offer/Answer, not my invention. Such as suspending of session establishment/modification.

How extension usage of Offer/Answer define the association of latter Offer/Answer and the original modification is the responsibility of the extension usage itself. And it should be open for extension usage of Offer/Answer in the future.
I just point out this, I mean all of this is just clarify, no definition.

Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@xxxxxxxxx>

2009-01-13 22:21

收件人
Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
抄送
gao.yang2@xxxxxxxxxx, sipping-bounces@xxxxxxxx, sipping LIST <sipping@xxxxxxxx>
主题
Re: Draft: Essential correction for re-INVITE rollback in        RFC3261

Just to support Christer: I was initially in favor of the full rollback
approach. But the discussion showed that it had the race condition that
Christer mentions. We considered introducing additional machinery to
resolve that race, but that just complicated things further, especially
backward compatibility, for an obscure case.

So, I have come to understand that there is no ideal answer, and so am
satisfied with the one that was chosen.

I realize that not everybody knows all the history of this, so we
explain it again, but we can't re-open the decision at this point.

                Thanks,
                Paul