New version of P-Charge-Info that more formally includes ISUP Charge Number

FYI, in my continuing journey through the RFC 3427 process for P- headers, I have published a new version of the P-Charge-Info draft at:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-york-sipping-p-charge-info-05

In this revision, I have made two major changes:

1. More formally incorporated the usage of P-Charge-Info as a possible carrier for the ISUP Charge Number parameter for PSTN interworking, based primarily on feedback and information from John Haluska at Telcordia, who is interested in using the header for some of their purposes.

2. Provided better examples of potential usage than the previous example. As the earlier example got all caught up in inter-/intra- state billing rates, it seemed to confuse people and make them think it was getting into jurisdiction issues when all the P-header is doing is providing a *simple* means to provide a billing identifier. Hopefully the newer examples provide better illustrations of where this header may be used.

I believe I have incorporated all the feedback from previous rounds of comments and so I'd like to hope that with this version (or with minor tweaks to it) I'll be able to request expert review and continue this on the path toward an Informational RFC so that we can list this P- Header with IANA, as per the RFC 3427 process.

Comments are naturally welcome (and I know this group well enough to know that you will provide them in any event).

Dan

--
Dan York, CISSP, Director of Emerging Communication Technology
Office of the CTO    Voxeo Corporation     dyork@xxxxxxxxx

Build voice applications based on open standards.
Find out how at http://www.voxeo.com/free