FW: V.152 Fax?; RE: First SIP Forum Fax Interoperability Workshop

fyi.

Like also to recall that V.152 is for all kind of modem-based VBD
services:

a) fax/modem
b) data/modem &
c) text/modem.

The correspondent packet relay techniques for VBDoIP are
a) T.38 FoIP
b) V.150.1 MoIP &
c) V.151 ToIP.

SDP for V.152 is described in V.152.
SIP procedures for V.152, ditto.

Further:
any T.38 interoperability test needs to clarify also the used "T.38
version", which relates to the ITU-T release of T.38.
There are in the meanwhile five (?) T.38 "variants" AFAIK:

1) T.38 1998 release (Ref.: ITU-T T.38 (06/98)
2) T.38 2002 release (Ref.: ITU-T T.38 (03/02)
3) T.38 2004 release (Ref.: ITU-T T.38 (04/04)
4) T.38 2005 release (Ref.: ITU-T T.38 (09/05)
5) T.38 2007 release (Ref.: ITU-T T.38 (04/07)

The earlier releases missing e.g. the V.34 support.
The later releases do also cover all the corrections and amendments
made.

Albrecht