Re: lets think about 3.3 release

Petr Lautrbach <plautrba@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I's about 184 commits and 5 months since the last release so I think
> it's time to slowly stop the development and start with 3.3 release
> candidates.

Currently patchwork contains just these patches which should be relevant
to 3.3:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/12435365/ New [1/2] libsepol/cil: Improve in-statement to allow use after inheritance
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/12435363/ New [2/2] libsepol/secilc/docs: Update the CIL documentation

These are probably superseeded already, but I'm not sure. Please take a look.

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/12470297/ New [1/3,v2] libsepol/cil: Remove redundant syntax checking
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/12470301/ New [2/3,v2] libsepol/cil: Use size_t for len in __cil_verify_syntax()
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/12470299/ New [3/3,v2] libsepol/cil: Fix syntax checking in __cil_verify_syntax()

Wait for review.

So I think selinux-3.3-rc1 can be released on next Wednesday 2021-09-08

If you have any concerns, comments or suggestion, let us know.

Also I really don't understand all the changes in libsepol so please help me
to collect release notes information for it. I'll post a release notes
draft with other components later today.

Thanks,

Petr