Re: Selinux context type is same for root & normal user both

Ashish Mishra <ashishm@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi Dominick ,
>
> Will look at the re-labelling as you suggested.
> Is there any doc / blog / implementation etc to understand the
> sequence and commands to do this.
> To understand this step in a better way.
>
> We are working with such a setup freshly so any inputs / guidance will
> be helpful.
>
> Thanks for your time & inputs for this long thread .

For docs i would suggest selinuxproject.org and
https://github.com/SELinuxProject/selinux-notebook/blob/main/src/toc.md

For implementations i would suggest looking at how OpenWrt implemented
SELinux as this is a very simple implementation and the target seems to
be relatively similar to yours with the exception that OpenWrt does not
use a volatile root but instead uses a read-only squashfs and a overlay.

You can also look at Fedora CoreOS for inspiration, and Googles SEAndroid.

Implementing meaningful SELinux for exotic use cases like yours is not
trivial though IMHO. Using reference policy as a base-policy might not
be optimal for your use-case (to say the least) and it would probably be easier to create a
policy from scratch instead in the longer run.