Re: Selinux context type is same for root & normal user both

Ashish Mishra <ashishm@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi Dominick ,
>
> Thanks for the inputs above.
>
> 1) w.r.t Monolithic , i am trying refpolicy with monolithic design as suggested.
>
> 2) I am debugging on the lines you suggested , and prima facie looks like the
>     busybox login is being executed here which takes
> system_u:object_r:root_t as context

I do not understand what you mean by that. Context
"system_u:object_r:root_t" is a "file" context and I do not understand
where you get that from.

Busybox is a shell with built-in modules AFAIK. It should be labeled
"u:object_r:shell_exec_t" IMHO

https://github.com/SELinuxProject/selinux/releases/download/20200710/selinux-python-3.1.tar.gz
https://github.com/SELinuxProject/setools/releases/download/4.3.0/setools-4.3.0.tar.bz2

> Request to please let me know input / feedback if i am missing any
> obvious things here

Its hard to say. There are quite a few variables and I am not sure
exactly what the current state of your work is and where you want to go
(ie what your goals and requirements are)

I guess you should determine what the login programs used are and then
to address those to ensure that login user shells are labeled the way
you want them labeled.

It is probably best to enclose avc denials for any challenge you face.