Re: travis: any reason we have keep going on make commands

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 10:33 AM William Roberts
<bill.c.roberts@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So Nicolas initially created our travis script in commit c9adfe2d2653
> and has -k, or keep going, on the make commands. This causes make to
> plow ahead and bury the errors in the logs. Stephen noticed this the
> other day, and we have been chatting about it out of band and wanted
> to pull in the community.
>
> Are their compelling reasons for keeping this behavior? I am also
> concerned that we could get false positives on travis success results.

In my opinion the whole point of automated testing is to catch
failures early and often.  For that reason I would want the test to
fail and stop, both because I find it easier to identify the failure
that way and also because I'm not sure I would trust much of the
testing that occurred after an error condition.

--
paul moore
www.paul-moore.com