travis: any reason we have keep going on make commands

So Nicolas initially created our travis script in commit c9adfe2d2653
and has -k, or keep going, on the make commands. This causes make to
plow ahead and bury the errors in the logs. Stephen noticed this the
other day, and we have been chatting about it out of band and wanted
to pull in the community.

Are their compelling reasons for keeping this behavior? I am also
concerned that we could get false positives on travis success results.