Re: Killing The Android libselinux Fork (available)

William Roberts wrote:
On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 6:57 AM, Joshua Brindle
<brindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
William Roberts wrote:
On Sep 22, 2016 9:18 PM, "Jeffrey Vander Stoep"<jeffv@xxxxxxxxxx>   wrote:
Remember to test on the Mac build. About a year ago I moved the host side
tools over to upstream libselinux, but had to revert because it broke the
Mac build in multiple places. Since then Richard Haines has done a lot of
work to reduce the diff between upstream and the Android fork. Hopefully
that will reduce your effort.

Yeah I'm quite concerned about the Mac build, does anyone on here have
access to a Mac for testing?

I do, let me know when you have a branch you need looked at and I'll try to
get to it.

Feel free to test the fork-kill branch from my github, you should find
the details
below from a previous message in the thread.

Sure,

Mac uses llvm which seems to catch much more than gcc, I have to get rid of Werror to even get partially through a build. First issues:

genbools.c:71:9: warning: unused variable 'size' [-Wunused-variable]
        size_t size = 0;
               ^
1 warning generated.
cc -Wall -W -Wundef -Wshadow -Wmissing-format-attribute -O2 -I. -I../include -D_GNU_SOURCE -I../cil/include -fPIC -c -o genusers.o genusers.c
genusers.c:39:9: warning: unused variable 'len' [-Wunused-variable]
        size_t len = 0;
               ^
genusers.c:63:14: warning: variable 'nread' is uninitialized when used here [-Wuninitialized]
                if (buffer[nread - 1] == '\n')
                           ^~~~~
genusers.c:40:15: note: initialize the variable 'nread' to silence this warning
        ssize_t nread;
                     ^
                      = 0

but the .symver actually kills it altogether (I get a lot of these):

<inline asm>:10:1: error: unknown directive
.symver cil_filecons_to_string_nopdb, cil_filecons_to_string@@LIBSEPOL_1.1
^