Re: Killing The Android libselinux Fork (available)

Remember to test on the Mac build. About a year ago I moved the host side tools over to upstream libselinux, but had to revert because it broke the Mac build in multiple places. Since then Richard Haines has done a lot of work to reduce the diff between upstream and the Android fork. Hopefully that will reduce your effort.

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 6:39 PM William Roberts <bill.c.roberts@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 6:34 PM, William Roberts
<bill.c.roberts@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So I have been working the last couple of days to understand what it
> would take to kill external/libselinux (the Android Fork) and fixup
> upstream so most of the delta is in. The only thing we would keep on
> the Android side, is android.c and .h. Since those files are self
> contained, we should just be able to merge upstream without concerns
> of conflict. If we really wanted to, we could spin off a separate
> libselinux-android that builds those two files and links to
> libselinux, but that seems overkill IMHO.
>
> The work is available here:
> https://github.com/williamcroberts/selinux/tree/fork-kill
>
> Currently to Build:
> 1. remove external/libselinux
> 2. apply this patch to bionic if not present:
> https://android-review.googlesource.com/#/c/276918
> 3. either set external/selinux to my fork-kill branch or merge selinux
> upstream master into external/selinux and apply the two patches listed
> below:
>
> Patches that matter ( I don't know how to make pretty little git summaries):
>
> commit e017f48acd2791a6aa62b4ed0c0b44256b26651f
> Author: William Roberts <william.c.roberts@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date:   Wed Sep 21 16:06:37 2016 -0700
> libselinux: add The Android fork files
>
> commit f40d7facbcaf1337f37b5630b98806fd25b1dbf9
> Author: William Roberts <william.c.roberts@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date:   Wed Sep 21 16:00:34 2016 -0700
> libselinux: rectify the Android fork
>
> The goal would be to upstream commit f40d7facb and leave
> commit e017f48ac on the Android tree.
>
> I am going to do some further testing tomorrow, and plan on submitting
> the upstream patch f40d7facbc on Monday. If anyone wants to leave
> preliminary feedback, or has a specific thing they want tested, let me know.
>
> Currently tested on the emulator and checked that the digest mechanism for
> last restorecon value is working.
>
> --
> Respectfully,
>
> William C Roberts

FYI I may rebase that branch at anytime... you have been warned :-P