Re: genhomedircon USERID and USERNAME patches

On 04/17/2016 09:19 PM, Dominick Grift wrote:
> On 04/17/2016 02:03 PM, Dominick Grift wrote:

>>> I think we should also generate file context specs for user
>>> mail spool (is currently not done AFAIK in common module
>>> policy).
>
>>> But if genhomedircon would not hardcode keywords and
>>> identifiers, then i could accept them through the command line
>>> options and map it to some hardcoded initial identifiers
>>> where/if needed
>
>>> then one could specify on the command line the keyword, and any
>>>  other identifiers. So that is a bit more flexible so that
>>> when in the future we get other instances where we need to
>>> generate contexts for some location we dont have to edit the
>>> script we can just pass it some additional new options. But yes
>>> then i suppose it would need to be a standalone script. Added
>>> value there is that we then no longer have to maintain to
>>> genhomedircon instances, one for libsemanage and one for
>>> monolitic policy and text-based module policy.
>

>> strangely the generated homedir_template does include my
>> "USER_SPOOL" entries, i cant find any reference to it in the
>> code (maybe its a fedora patch??)
>
>> nonetheless genhomedircon doesnt generate any contexts for me. I
>> think it might not be able to deal with the namespaced user
>> identities(sys.id instead of system_u for example)
>
>> And then there is the issue that even though the genhomedircon
>> seems to indicate that it supports USER and ROLE keywords. cil
>> filecon statements do not allow me to specify USER and ROLE in
>> filecon it seems.
>
>> I use RBACSEP (defaultrole source) so i need to be able to
>> associate the appropriate roles with filecon for user file cons
>
>> All-in-all semodule/libsemanage is not an option for me. Too
>> limited and too much assumptions/hard coding
>

> I managed to get something semi-acceptable with this spec:
>
> https://github.com/DefenSec/selinux-rpm-spec/blob/master/dssp-mcs-norb
ac

sep.spec

> (its awesome how i dont need any fancy make files, just semodule
> and sed to tweak some tunables if needed)
>
> rbacsep disabled. genhomedircon now generates contexts for
> __default__ and since it can't deal with %group it leaves wheel
> users home dir contexts as __default__. it does not replace the
> sys.id because it can't deal with that, but thats not a big deal
> since i dont enforce ubacsep. The mcs part also doesnt hurt.
>
> what is a problem though is that genhomedircon can't generate
> contexts for user mail spool files. So useradd and userdel might
> not work since they may exit when they determine that they can't
> create user mail spool files.
>
> It is cool to see though how every module can be exported and be
> replaced. Theres no concept of base. Everything is tweakable,
> exportable and replaceable.
>
> But genhomedircon should really be revisited with an open mind.

BTW i think there is a bug in semodule man page:

# Write the HLL version of puppet and the CIL version of wireshark
# modules at priority 400 to the current working directory
$ semodule \-X 400 \-g wireshark \-\-cil \-g puppet \-\-hll

There is no -g, i think -E is meant here

- --
Key fingerprint = 5F4D 3CDB D3F8 3652 FBD8  02D5 3B6C 5F1D 2C7B 6B02
https://sks-keyservers.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3B6C5F1D2C7B6B02
Dominick Grift