Re: Last version of policycoreutils using Fedora only API

On 05/23/2013 03:57 AM, Laurent Bigonville wrote:
Le Thu, 23 May 2013 07:30:18 +0200,
Sven Vermeulen <sven.vermeulen@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

On May 23, 2013 1:09 AM, "Laurent Bigonville" <bigon@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
The last release of policycoreutils is using a function
(selinux_current_policy_path()) that is only available in Fedora. I
guess this shouldn't have made upstream.

An idea how this could be sorted for other distributions?

Please see my answer to Joshua's announcement on the new userspace.

Oh thanks, I messed this.

You'll need to add in the function.

Well I'm not a big fan of adding function in libraries that are not
merged upstream. IIRC eparis told me on IRC that he has not happy with
this new functions.

Maybe we should back out the relevant changes and cut another release?
I agree that it is wrong for an upstream release to have Fedora-specific dependencies.