Re: Security hooks for rpm

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 10:23 PM, James Carter <jwcart2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-09-10 at 10:44 -0400, Stephen Smalley wrote:
>> On Mon, 2012-09-10 at 11:07 +0300, Elena Reshetova wrote:
>> > And here are the actual hooks:
>> >
>> > 1. rpmRC SECURITYHOOK_INIT_FUNC(rpmts ts, const char *opts)
>>
>> I see that our init func takes a const char *name argument as well; I
>> don't know offhand whether it is truly required (Steve or Jim?).
>>

> This is the name of the collection. It is required so that all the
> members of a collection can be grouped together. This is needed because
> all SELinux policy must be installed before applications and files that
> the policy is for.

I wonder if we can then have a generic init hook for the plugin (as
above) and then
a separate hook to initialize the collection (that could have
collection name and
any other needed variables). The plugins that need to use collection
(like SELinux)
will use this hook, others just ignore it. Would it be reasonable?

Best Regards,
Elena.