SELinux performance depending on type count

I read on some locations (Fedora FAQ...) that there is an overall
performance impact of about 7% when running with SELinux.

Does anyone know if this impact is dependent upon the number of
types the policy has? I would assume no: A lot of types only take
up memory and caching should prevent any impact on the runtime
performance.

But if there was a performance problem with a lot of types, at
what number n would it start to hit hard? And how does it
increase (linear, quadratic...)?

And would it be better performance-wise to run a MCS-policy with
say categories c0.cn than to have types c0_t, ... cn_t?

Ole