Re: SE Android (Was: Re: Welcome to selinux)

On Mon, 2012-07-16 at 14:40 +0200, Alexandra Test wrote:
> My phone is now is in enforcing mode but I can not install anything.
> I tried from google play but after the download, when it tries to
> install says:
> "the download url is not valid"
>
> Do I have to change the policies? I saw the app.te files in
> external/sepolicy in the build directory, but where can I fine the
> same file on the phone?
> Do I need to rebuild and reflash every time I change the policies?

Check for avc denials.  With regard to updating the policy, you can
modify the policy source files, do a 'make sepolicy' to regenerate the
kernel policy file, do an 'adb push
out/target/product/<device>/root/sepolicy.24 /data/system/' and do a
'adb shell su 0 setprop selinux.loadpolicy 1' to reload policy
from /data/system rather than having to reflash the system partition
each time.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency