Re: Welcome to selinux

On Fri, 2012-06-29 at 15:59 +0200, Alexandra Test wrote:
> Hi,
> sorry for all the mails!
> I installed SeAndroid but I have some problems.
> - the camera is not working (is it normal?)

That's not SE Android related - it is a general AOSP issue; see
discussions on android-building.  The extract-files.sh script from the
per-device directory may help you.

> i would like to install other applications but I really didn't get how
> to do that.
> should I install the application and then define new policies?

Yes, although you shouldn't need a new policy for each app; policy is
written in terms of types (equivalence classes).

> How to define the policies?

If using the middleware MAC support, you would amend the
external/mac-policy/mac_permissions.xml configuration.  For the SELinux
policy, you would possibly amend external/sepolicy/seapp_contexts if you
want to label the app differently and you might amend the rules in
external/sepolicy/app.te.

> then I notice that I have some residual denials to address in my
> policy.
> I hope I will find a way and I am really sorry but I am a beginner!

Best thing to do is to post the denials and let people help you
understand what they mean and how to start addressing them.  Once you've
done it for a few denials, you'll pick it up.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency