Re: CIL/SELinux Userspace Integration

On 12/07/2011 08:54 AM, Eric Paris wrote:
On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 8:32 AM, Steve Lawrence<slawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
On 12/03/2011 11:30 AM, Richard Haines wrote:

5) I could not load a new policy that had a boolean and supporting
    statements in it. The actual binary policy was fine (using apol), but
    load_policy had problems. I started with a Fedora 16 base and added
    the new Integration code with no problems. Is it a known problem as
    if not I'll check further.
    The errors I had when running semodule with a boolean were (Note: I
    had already built a new base policy (SELINUXTYPE=rch-test1) with no
    problems):

Hmmm, this is interesting. Both seinfo and apol are fine with my
CIL-generated binary, but fails to load when I add booleans. I also
generated a similar mdp policy.conf, ran checkpolicy, and that failed to
load as well. sediff also shows the two binaries to be the same.

I'll look into this more, but because of that, I'm thinking this is a kernel
bug. If anyone else wants to look at it, I've attached a simple file that is
the standard mdp.conf with a single boolean defined, and single conditional
statement using that boolean. This builds a binary fine, and apol/seinfo
have no problem with it, but fails to load with load_policy.

                       ------ Start --------------
# semodule -i base.cil ext_gateway.cil int_gateway.cil move_file.cil

SELinux:  Could not load policy file
/etc/selinux/rch-test1/policy/policy.26:  No such file or directory
/sbin/load_policy:  Can't load policy:  No such file or directory

libsemanage.semanage_reload_policy: load_policy returned error code 2. (No
such file or directory).
SELinux:  Could not load policy file
/etc/selinux/rch-test1/policy/policy.26:  No such file or directory
/sbin/load_policy:  Can't load policy:  No such file or directory

libsemanage.semanage_reload_policy: load_policy returned error code 2. (No
such file or directory).
semodule:  Failed!

If you send me the policy.X in question I'll spend a couple minutes
figuring out what the kernel is upset about...

policy.24 attached. Thanks.