Re: CIL/SELinux Userspace Integration

Thanks for the updates The deny_unknown, permissionset and generating policy.conf all worked okay.

I've had a couple of other minor problems:

1) I added a 'policycap' statement in a block. secilc processed the CIL statements but failed to gen the policy. I then moved it to the global namespace and then worked okay. I assume that policycap must always be in the global namespace.

2) Are there any known issues regarding typetransition rules as I'm having problems generating a policy. For example secilc will throw 'Error: Duplicate rule defined (line: xxx)'. I then comment out the typetransition statement (that actually looks okay) and it fails with another one, however semodule -i .. will compile it okay. In the end I can get both secilc and semodule to build the binary policy once I remove enough typetransition statements to keep both of them happy. (both seem to be happy with about 16 typetransition statements in policy but semodule can take a few more !!!)

The policy consists of 10 CIL modules (files) with about 1,200 lines of CIL statements - but nothing complex just the SELinux Notebook moules I'm converting to CIL as an exercise.

I've had both problems on the original integration you sent plus the updates you pushed today (7th Dec).

Richard