Re: clamav RWX

On Mon 12 Jul 13:45:28 2010, Török Edwin wrote:
On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 22:08:12 +1000
Russell Coker <russell@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 12 Jul 2010, Eric Paris <eparis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Now given that freshclam doesn't do any serious work with the data,
is interpreting it going to cause any problem that we will care
about?  If we are talking about 1 hour of CPU time vs 2 hours for jit
vs interpreted for run- time stuff then it makes a difference, but if
we are talking about 1 second vs 2 seconds for freshclam then maybe
there's not much point.

Well the purpose of loading the database with freshclam is to avoid
causing problems to clamd. So it is important that they are either both
JIT, or both non-JIT.

I configured clamd not to use the JIT by putting "Bytecode false" in clamd.conf. I put the same thing in freshclam.conf, but it continues to try to allocate executable memory.

--
Martin Orr