Re: clamav RWX

2010/7/12 Török Edwin <edwintorok@xxxxxxxxx>:

> [*]
> I have some plans to make the JIT work without RWX, since ClamAV has 2
> phases:
>  - load DB, JIT compile bytecode (should use only RW- mapping, but
>   currently needs RWX)
>  - execute (JIT compiled) bytecode (should change mapping to be R-X)

Just so you know that is going to require the same permissions.
(Hopefully) The only way to get around the SELinux permissions is to
have 2 separate mappings.  Basically in really really rough sudo-code,

file = open(filename, RWX);
unlink(file);
truncate(file, however big you need);
exec_area = mmap(PROT_EXEC, file);
write_area = mmap(PROT_WRITE, file);

then do all of the writing to write_area and all of the executing in exec_area.

http://people.redhat.com/drepper/selinux-mem.html

Simply using mremap to change a mapping from PROT_WRITE to PROT_EXEC
will cause the same problems as just doing it at the same time.

-Eric