Re: New to SELinux: 2nd Edition of The SELinux Notebook released

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 12:40:23PM +0000, Richard Haines wrote:
> I've just finished the 2nd edition of the SELinux Notebook that is available at:
>
> http://www.freetechbooks.com/the-selinux-notebook-the-foundations-t785.html
>
> It is aimed at those new to SELinux and as a reference for the policy language and configuration files.
>
> If anyone has comments on how to improve, what other areas to cover, corrections etc. please let me know.
>
> I'll now update the selinuxproject.org site with the new content as part of the SELinux documentation project.
>

> The main updates are:
>   Split the Notebook into two volumes:
>    Volume 1 - The Foundations - covers SELinux and its supporting services.
>    Volume 2 - Sample Policy Source - contains sample application and
>    policy source code to build a simple message filter and experiment with
>    X-Windows.
>
>  Updated all relevant sections to reflect Fedora 12 release and correct
>  errors.
>  Added secolors.conf and VM configuration files, typebounds Policy
>  language statement.
>
> Added sections on:
> XSELinux for X-Windows support and sample polyinstantiation code and policy.
> Virtual machine support with examples.
> SE-PostgreSQL support with an example database.
> Apache / SELinux-Plus support.
>
> Richard

That looks pretty darn thorough, thanks. I have been playing with an idea for a follow up to Fedora SELinux user guide as well.
However i am too bad of a writer and too chaotic to put the right pieces together for a comprehensive manual.

If you or anyone else for that matter would like to help get it done, please let me know.