Labeling home directories in refpolicy

I'm trying to adapt a recent refpolicy snapshot (May 4) to OpenSUSE.  (Previously I adapted the Fedora 12 policy, more as a learning exercise.)  Now I'm finding that the refpolicy is not labeling home directories properly (they all end up as default_t after "fixfiles -F relabel").   I'm running unprivileged users as user_u and root as sysadm_u, so I expect corresponding labels on files in the home directory.  Is there a special mechanism for getting the home dirs labeled consistent with the corresponding selinux user, or do I need to define labeling for the files individually in a new module?   And how do files in the home dir such as .ssh (which should have a type other than user_t) get their types?

Or perhaps something is broken in the distribution that is causing labels from the refpolicy not to be applied in the home dir?

Any insights would be appreciated!

Alan