RE: SELinux Policy in OpenSUSE 11.2

First let me say that I appreciate all the help on this list very much!!!!!

Justin wrote:

> While running the one that they provide I noticed the system is running as
> system_u:system_r:system_t (or whatever it is) I'm sure you can use this, but for me I
> like to either run in staff_r, sysadm_r or user_r(roles).

Makes sense...   I think you're saying this is not the underlying problem for the gdm / desktop / boot issues, right?   If so I'd like to get to a clean selinux boot before addressing this type of thing.

> I couldn't find the source from suse(although I'm sure its there), so I just grabbed a
> copy from tresys...while building the source from tresys I sometimes will hit a syntex
> error(this time I did) with checkpolicy and/or checkmodule

I'm now able to build policy from the source obtained from the OpenSuse 11.2 repository. Do I need a different version of checkpolicy or checkmodule?  Or can I skip this?

> then after being able to build and install the policy  then I focused in on the
> booleans, I set(although am not sure if they fixed the errors with avahi)where these:
>
> allow_polyinstantiation=on

I don't need polyinstantiation right now so I'll skip that unless you think it's pertinent to my main problem.

> init_upstart=on(although I think they use sysvinit(notsure))

Yes, OpenSuse 11.2 seems to be using sysvinit

> xdm_sysadm_login=on(this is for sysadm_r role(if I wanted the main context as name:sysadm_r:sysadm_t))
> xserver_object_manager=on (although I dont see the SELinux extension in Xorg.0.log)

I've been unable to make persistent changes to policy, booleans etc.  Hopefully Stephen will spot the problem causing that, based on the info I sent out a few minutes ago.

> keep in mind I don't think these booleans fixed the errors I think after I had
> relabeled then the errors were fixed(but could be wrong).

I could boot cleanly to a desktop before relabeling (with everything as file_t).  Once I relabeled with fixfiles, runlevel 5 would fail and I'd be dropped back to a console at runlevel 3.

> then once I was able to get a clean boot(even with the "targeted" dbus
> issue)

If I can get to that point I think I'll be in business.

Thanks
Alan