Re: SELinux Policy in OpenSUSE 11.2

o.k. I think I thought too much on the subject
(I need to stop building systems from scratch
i.g. all I can think of is/are switches to enable).

Anyways I figured out the problem seems easier
than I had expected:

with a fresh build of suse 11.2, then
under yast adding the correct SELinux
apps/libs, then adjusting grub(in the control
center thing).

reboot

you hit a broken gdm dbus thing.

under /var/log/gdm/:5-greeter.log

there is an error message with dbus:

Failed to start message bus: Failed to open "/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/dbus_contexts": No such file or directory
EOF in dbus-launch reading address from dbus daemon.

so after reading that then looking at /etc/selinux/refpolicy-standard
I decided to just cp -R refpolicy-standard targeted(reboot)
and voila the system boots gdm starts, life is good with suse
(I guess there not the darkside after all!!).

as for the real problem I'm guessing whatever is telling
dbus-launch to look for /etc/selinux/targeted
is the problem.

Alan does just a simple renaming of refpolicy to targeted
at least get you up and running(if not use suses policy,
and rename it to targeted, until I can find what dbus launch script is
calling for that policy name).

Justin P. Mattock