Re: SELinux Policy in OpenSUSE 11.2

On Thu, 2010-02-18 at 13:40 -0800, Justin P. mattock wrote:
> alright... policy is up and running
> in full enforcement mode:
>
> SELinux status:                 enabled
> SELinuxfs mount:                /selinux
> Current mode:                   enforcing
> Mode from config file:          error (Permission denied)
> Policy version:                 24
> Policy from config file:        targeted
>
> Process contexts:
> Current context:                name:user_r:user_t
> Init context:                   unknown (Permission denied)

Since you ran it from user_t, you weren't allowed to see the context of
init.  Can you run pstree -Z as sysadm_t and confirm that processes are
running in the correct context (i.e. that they are not left in sysadm_t
as they were for Alan)?

> I tried to enable poly-instantiation support(pam_namespace), but
> need to look more into that because I never really set it up
> with gdm.

You don't really need that unless you want multi-level directories.

> Anyways I'm able to boot up, able to
> use firefox and evolution. as for anything
> else I'm sure just need to define the allow rules.
>

> Now the only real area of interest is
> the dbus message pointing to targeted.
>
> I'm guessing dbus was built with a hard wire,
> if so this would require rebuilding dbus,
> or using anther rpm package built correctly.
> (if possible without breaking the system dependencies).
>
> but then again it could be just a boolean.
> In any case main thing is full enforcement works
> gdm works, nice system I'd have to say.

dbus should just be including whatever path your /etc/dbus-1/system.conf
says to include, and  it should be relative to /etc/selinux/$SELINUXTYPE
from /etc/selinux/config if it has selinux_root_relative="yes" there.

On Fedora, /etc/dbus-1/system.conf says:
 <include if_selinux_enabled="yes"
selinux_root_relative="yes">contexts/dbus_contexts</include>

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency