RE: A question about selinux userspace tools

Hey Smalley,

So many thanks for giving me your help so promptly, you are such a kind person !:-D

Yep, the quick test reveal that only with disabling bzip feature by "bzip-blocksize=0" would the libsemanage-2.0.33 successfully build a policy store, the option of bzip-blocksize=4 and bzip-small=true would result in the same libsepol out of memeory error.

If there is any thing I could ever help test for you, just let me know.

Best regards,

Harry

> Subject: Re: A question about selinux userspace tools
> From: sds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: harrytaurus2002@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 10:44:36 -0400
>
> On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 03:11 +0000, TaurusHarry wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am a newcomer to SELinux and have a question about the latest
> > SELinux userspace tools.
> >
> > Before I try to install the latest refpolicy-20090730 from tresys
>! ; > website on Ubuntu 8.10 on Dell 6101 laptop(x86_32), I have installed
> > the below latest SELinux userspace tools on the laptop:
>
> Hi Harry,
>
> If you could try the last version of the patch I posted for libsemanage
> configure your /etc/selinux/semanage.conf with different settings, try
> again, and see if that resolves your problem on your laptop, that would
> be helpful.
>
> I'd suggest first trying something like:
> bzip-blocksize=4
> bzip-small=true
>
> If that still doesn't help, then I'd suggest disabling bzip compression
> altogether via:
> bzip-blocksize=0
>
> --
> Stephen Smalley