A question about selinux userspace tools

Hi all,

I am a newcomer to SELinux and have a question about the latest SELinux userspace tools.

Before I try to install the latest refpolicy-20090730 from tresys website on Ubuntu 8.10 on Dell 6101 laptop(x86_32), I have installed the below latest SELinux userspace tools on the laptop:

libsepol-2.0.37
libselinux-2.0.85
libsemanage-2.0.33
policycoreutils-2.0.69
checkpolicy-2.0.19
sepolgen-1.0.17

If I specify MONOLITHIC=n in build.conf and compile refpolicy-20090730 by the latest SELinux userspace tools and then do "make load", I would run into following error message in the end:

libsepol.sepol_module_package_read: out of memory
libsemanage.semanage_load_module: Error while reading from module file /etc/selinux/refpolicy-20090730/modules/tmp/base.pp.
/usr/sbin/semodule:  Failed!
make: *** [load] Error 1

The same error would crop up when I try out following second-to-the-latest SELinux userspace tools(also ! from tresys website):

libsepol-2.0.36
libselinux-2.0.79
libsemanage-2.0.31
policycoreutils-2.0.62
checkpolicy-2.0.19
sepolgen-1.0.16

Only if I degrade libsemanage from 2.0.31 to 2.0.27, and policycoreutils from 2.0.62 to 2.0.55, would the "make load" finish uneventfully, then I could do "semanage login/user -l" and "semodule -l" successfully.

So far I have very shallow experience on SELinux userspace tools implementation and couldn't find out the reason  why the latest stable version would have above error message on my laptop, has anyone run into the same problem before? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Harry

聊天+搜索+邮箱 想要轻松出游,手机MSN帮你搞定! 立刻下载!