Re: SELinux context patch

On 06/04/2009 03:13 PM, Caleb Case wrote:
On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Chad Sellers<csellers@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
On 5/18/09 2:16 PM, "Daniel J Walsh"<dwalsh@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

This patch adds context files for virtual_domain and virtual_image,
these are both being used to locat the default context to be executed by
svirt.

I also included the subs patch which I submitted before.  This patch
allows us to substitute prefixes to matchpathcon.

So we can say /export/home == /home

and

/web == /var/www

I'm surprised that the subs patch didn't get much discussion before. Any
thoughts on this? Any worries that it might not meld well with the work
currently being done to integrate FCGlob?

Thanks,
Chad

I don't think it will adversely affect FCGlob integration.

It is going to make it harder to understand what a file will get labeled though.

Might be useful for genhomedircon to generate a .subs file and for
refpolicy to provide labeling on a selinux user basis for home
directories:

/root
/home/unconfined_u
/home/sysadm_u

with a .subs:

/home/bob /home/unconfined_u
/home/sally /home/sysadm_u

It doesn't support directories with spaces in them.

I would like genhomedircon to just go away totally. Or make it voluntary, not run in every policy update. getpw() is not guaranteed to return all users in a Directory and setting up labeling for 100,000 users is just kooky.

The beauty of this patch is it allows admin to take back control of labeling of homedir. If they want to put home dirs in a random location and have symlinks from the HOMEDIR labeled in /etc/passwd This will work. I have had bug reports where people setup different HOMEDIR links depending on where the machine is at home or in the office or if they have a remove NFS and a local files.