Re: SELinux context patch

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Chad Sellers <csellers@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 5/18/09 2:16 PM, "Daniel J Walsh" <dwalsh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> This patch adds context files for virtual_domain and virtual_image,
>> these are both being used to locat the default context to be executed by
>> svirt.
>>
>> I also included the subs patch which I submitted before.  This patch
>> allows us to substitute prefixes to matchpathcon.
>>
>> So we can say /export/home == /home
>>
>> and
>>
>> /web == /var/www
>
> I'm surprised that the subs patch didn't get much discussion before. Any
> thoughts on this? Any worries that it might not meld well with the work
> currently being done to integrate FCGlob?
>
> Thanks,
> Chad

I don't think it will adversely affect FCGlob integration.

It is going to make it harder to understand what a file will get labeled though.

Might be useful for genhomedircon to generate a .subs file and for
refpolicy to provide labeling on a selinux user basis for home
directories:

/root
/home/unconfined_u
/home/sysadm_u

with a .subs:

/home/bob /home/unconfined_u
/home/sally /home/sysadm_u

It doesn't support directories with spaces in them.