Re: user guide drafts: Maintaining SELinux Labels

On Sunday 12 October 2008 10:44, Murray McAllister <mmcallis@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> > object_r is for future support and also to give a regular format of the
> > context for all operations.  Note that files under /proc that relate to
> > processes have different roles.
>
> I could only find the system_r and object_r roles in /proc/. Are there
> any others? /proc/pid/* seem to only use system_r (I did not check
> everything).

Run in a "strict" configuration and you will see staff_r, user_r, and
sysadm_r, with MLS you will see secadm_r.

> How about:
>
> object_r is a generic role for used most files.

All filesystem objects on persistent storage or network filesystems.

> Under the /proc/
> directory, files relating to processes may use the system_r role.

Or the other four roles I listed, and maybe others with customised policy.

Back in 2002 I had machines running with 16 roles and I had the policy working
well for creating arbitrary roles with minimal effort.

--
russell@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Blog

http://www.coker.com.au/sponsorship.html Sponsoring Free Software development