gdm ubuntu 8.10

Hello; for a while I've been using nubuntu,but now have decided
to try a full loaded O.S. when using nubuntu  there is no automatic
gnome-desktop-manager, normally just a login then choosing a context,
then startx.
Now with ubuntu there's an automatic login screen with bells and whistles,
 what is the best way to add pam_selinux.so so I can choose my context,
or should I adjust the policy to start in sysadm_r as the default
instead of user_r?
Then what is the best way to have my apps start in there certain role
rather than opening a shell
and manually doing so? (the policy refpolicy);
Any info would be appreciated.
regards;

--
Justin P. Mattock