Re: Request for multiple mailing lists

On Friday 08 August 2008 20:33, Vesa-Matti J Kari <vmkari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Aug 2008, Andy Warner wrote:
> > Didn't realize the NSA was sponsoring a list for voicing religious
> > bigotries.
>
> The mighty NSA has little or nothing to do with this issue.

Actually I believe that they have a policy against discussions of religion on
the list.  Which is why I didn't make any comment about religion in my

> The point that is sometimes missed is that not all people are religious,
> or if they are, they do not necessarily follow the same sect, and hence
> people should think twice before asking anyone to compare, e.g. a SELinux
> policy with the Old Testament. Or with the Quran. Or with the Vedas.

I think (based on off-list correspondence) that Casey might have been trying
to compare multiple translations and interpretations of religious documents
with multiple SE Linux policies.  But his last message to me on this topic
was not entirely clear.

There is of course the issue that there are many possible ways of writing a
policy to constrain a given set of programs.  The recent discussions about
whether to have one domain for all Milters or to have one for each Milter,
and how to manage multiple user roles are merely the tip of the iceberg in
this regard.

--
russell@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Blog