Re: Mapping Linux GROUP to an SELinux user ?...

Karl MacMillan wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 9:05 PM, Stephen Smalley
> <stephen.smalley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 14:22 -0400, Hasan Rezaul-CHR010 wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Is there any way at all to map an entire Linux GROUP to an SELinux_user
>>> ??
>>>
>>> For example if Linux User accounts (Admin1, Admin2, and Admin3), all
>>> belong to the Linux group  "wadm".
>>>
>>> Is there a simple or tricky way to map the entire Linux group    wadm ->
>>> to staff_u ?
>>>
>>> This way, any Linux user account that happens to be part of the "wadm"
>>> group would automatically be mapped to staff_u  ? This way we don't have
>>> to execute several semanage commands to create all those individual
>>> mappings ?
>> Not presently, but one could certainly implement such support in the
>> userland (pam_selinux + libselinux getseuserbyname).
>>

> I know that we and others have done this in the past, though our
> implementation at least is not really a general solution but something
> specific for one situation.
>
> A general solution would need to resolve what the semantics of the
> mapping would be including what to do when multiple groups match. Not
> really a problem, just requires some thought.
>
> Karl
>
> --
First get seusers out of libsemanage.

libsemanage can be used to verify the selinux user exists and the level.
 Then use the same syntax as sudo, I believe group name is preceded by
an @ sign.

@engineering

I will code up a patch for libselinux, but we need work to allow
semanage to add this syntax.