Re: Mapping Linux GROUP to an SELinux user ?...

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 9:05 PM, Stephen Smalley
<stephen.smalley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 14:22 -0400, Hasan Rezaul-CHR010 wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Is there any way at all to map an entire Linux GROUP to an SELinux_user
>> ??
>>
>> For example if Linux User accounts (Admin1, Admin2, and Admin3), all
>> belong to the Linux group  "wadm".
>>
>> Is there a simple or tricky way to map the entire Linux group    wadm ->
>> to staff_u ?
>>
>> This way, any Linux user account that happens to be part of the "wadm"
>> group would automatically be mapped to staff_u  ? This way we don't have
>> to execute several semanage commands to create all those individual
>> mappings ?
>
> Not presently, but one could certainly implement such support in the
> userland (pam_selinux + libselinux getseuserbyname).

I know that we and others have done this in the past, though our
implementation at least is not really a general solution but something
specific for one situation.

A general solution would need to resolve what the semantics of the
mapping would be including what to do when multiple groups match. Not
really a problem, just requires some thought.

Karl