Re: Setting login context for multiple Linux users using single semanage command...

Stephen Smalley wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 13:41 -0400, Hasan Rezaul-CHR010 wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> If I wanted to map multiple Linux users (Test1, Test2, and Test3), to a
>> single SELinux user (staff_u),
>>
>> Can I use a single semanage command to do this, instead of executing
>> multiple semanage commands?
>>
>> In other words,instead of executing:
>> semanage login -a -s staff_u Test1
>> semanage login -a -s staff_u Test2
>> semanage login -a -s staff_u Test3
>>
>> Can I do something like:   semanage login -a -s staff_u 'Test1 Test2
>> Test3'
>>
>> Thanks as always for your help,
>
> Abstractly, that would be possible to do, but I doubt the semanage
> command today supports that syntax.  The underpinnings of it
> (libsemanage) certainly would support applying several changes in the
> same transaction, just as you can install multiple policy modules on the
> same transaction using semodule.  So I'd call this a deficiency of the
> semanage UI and patches of course are always welcome.  I think we'd want
> something clearer though than just the quoted list.
>

> --
A mere matter of coding.  I have begun doing some of this with booleans.

I think the tool needs a way to set multiple and extract the custom
settings so that they can be sent to other machines.

IE Extract all customizations from this machine and make all other
machines match.