Re: ps aux output under sysadm context in refpolicy

I wonder if I'm using apol incorrectly. I have:
Analysis type = Doman Transition
Direction = Forward
source domain = sysadm_t
use access filters = checked
included object types = mysecure_t
included object classes = dir & file
permission for dir = getattr & read & search
permissions for file = getattr & read

results tree = sysadm_t & nothing else, no possible expansions.

I read this as, there is no possible path from sysadm_t to mysecure_t

yet, I get the following output from pas auxZ
system_u:system_r:mysecure_t:s0  mysecure   3531  0.0  0.0 139276  2396 ?        Sl   Feb14   0:00 /usr/local/mysecure/bin/mysecure -Umysecure

I'm stumped :)

On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 09:35 -0500, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-02-21 at 15:22 -0600, Jeremiah Jahn wrote:
> > I'm having a heck of a time limiting the ps aux output to show only what
> > I think sysadm should be able to see.
> >
> > I have a number of types that are running and I get a ptrace denied, but
> > sysadm can still see the process. I'm really not sure why this is the
> > case. I've set all the build options correctly, ie left the defaults,
> > the booleans are set to no. Somewhere there is something going on that
> > lets sysadm see all of this stuff, and I just can't find it.
> >
> > According to apol there is not way for me to read the proc files as
> > sysadm. What Am I missing, or where should I look.
>
> Access to the basic /proc/pid information is allowed by:
> 	# search the /proc/pid directory for the target domain
> 	allow <source domain> <target domain>:dir search;
> 	# read public information about the target domain
> 	allow <source domain> <target domain>:file read;
> since the /proc/pid files are labeled with the domain of the associated
> process.
>
> Certain /proc/pid nodes are further limited by ptrace since they reveal
> what should be private information to the process.
>

> > thanx,
> > -jj-
> >

> > He thought he saw an albatross That fluttered 'round the lamp. He looked
> > again and saw it was A penny postage stamp. "You'd best be getting
> > home," he said, "The nights are rather damp."
Political T.V. commercials prove one thing: some candidates can tell all
their good points and qualifications in just 30 seconds.