Re: ps aux output under sysadm context in refpolicy

On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 08:56 -0600, Jeremiah Jahn wrote:
> I wonder if I'm using apol incorrectly. I have:
> Analysis type = Doman Transition
> Direction = Forward
> source domain = sysadm_t
> use access filters = checked
> included object types = mysecure_t
> included object classes = dir & file
> permission for dir = getattr & read & search
> permissions for file = getattr & read
>
> results tree = sysadm_t & nothing else, no possible expansions.
>
> I read this as, there is no possible path from sysadm_t to mysecure_t
>
> yet, I get the following output from pas auxZ
> system_u:system_r:mysecure_t:s0  mysecure   3531  0.0  0.0 139276  2396 ?        Sl   Feb14   0:00 /usr/local/mysecure/bin/mysecure -Umysecure
>
> I'm stumped :)

Domain transitions are process transitions, i.e. can sysadm_t transition
to mysecure_t.  Not can it read from it.

You can use the rule searching facilities to look for direct read rules,
or can use the information flow analysis to see if there is any path by
which mysecure_t can flow to sysadm_t, but the latter is likely less
useful because there is almost always at least one indirect path by
which information can flow.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency