Re: Network flow controls and subj/obj ordering

On Friday 14 December 2007 2:25:12 pm Christopher J. PeBenito wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 10:45 -0500, Paul Moore wrote:

> > > This helps.  But this seems to be for the old networking, how does it
> > > work with the secmark stuff?
> >
> > It doesn't work with the SECMARK stuff, or rather it works in parallel
> > with the SECMARK stuff.  We've debated integrating the peer labeling
> > protocols (labeled IPsec, NetLabel) with the SECMARK mechanism many
> > times but in the end we always end up deciding it doesn't make sense.
>
> So, with compat_net off, you'd still need the above policy, not the
> packet type against the peer type?

The compat_net setting has no effect on the peer object class permissions.
The only thing that will cause the any of the access controls above (the ones
I listed) to go into affect is the netpeer policy capability bit/flag.

> ... not this:
>
> allow ssh_client_packet_t peer_t:peer egress;

There should never be a check between the iptables/secmark
label, "ssh_client_packet_t", and the network peer label, "peer_t".  Ever.
Well, unless I screwed up the code somewhere ;)

--
paul moore
linux security @ hp