RE: [patch 0/2] policy capability support

On Wed, 2007-12-05 at 14:30 -0500, Todd Miller wrote:
> Paul Moore wrote:
> > The discussion for this appears to have gone quiet (at least I
> > haven't seen anything else on this list).  Where do things currently
> > stand?
>
> At this point I'd be OK with requiring equivalence and throwing an error
> otherwise.  I do think that this will result in usability issues that we
> will have to address once people start using the caps.  However, with
> only
> a single cap defined so far it is not really possible to know how these
> will end up being used.

We could try to come up with a solution at least for allowing clean
upgrades from F8 (w/o any caps) to F9 (likely w/ peer cap defined)
without requiring manual user intervention for dealing with local
modules.

There are however plenty of other ways in which a policy upgrade can
break at present.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency