identifying security vulnerabilities on inherited system

Hi,

I recently took over programming for a semi-large web site. They are currently using a web-design / hosting company to manage their server. They are running RH 7.3 and it looks like the system has not been updated in quite some time. Can you tell me how I might take the version numbers of the things listed below and find out if there are any security vulnerabilities.

I realize that I could just update anyway, but I am going to have to prove that the current set up is a security risk. Thank you in advance.

The following ports are open on this web server:

pop3
imap
http
ftp
ssh
smtp
https

I am not really familiar with ip chains, but this looks like everything is accepted:

Chain input (policy ACCEPT):
target prot opt source destination ports
ACCEPT tcp -y---- anywhere anywhere any -> ssh
ACCEPT tcp -y---- anywhere anywhere any -> smtp
ACCEPT tcp -y---- anywhere anywhere any -> http
ACCEPT tcp -y---- anywhere anywhere any -> ftp
ACCEPT all ------ anywhere anywhere n/a
ACCEPT all ------ anywhere anywhere n/a
ACCEPT udp ------ ns.bluegrass.net anywhere domain -> any
REJECT tcp -y---- anywhere anywhere any -> any
REJECT udp ------ anywhere anywhere any -> any
Chain forward (policy ACCEPT):
Chain output (policy ACCEPT):

Here are the versions of pertinent programs:

Distro: RH 7.3
Kernel: 2.4.18-3
Apache: 1.3.28
NcFTP 3.1.3/985
OpenSSH_3.1p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090602f
Postfix: 1.1.12
ipopd: not sure how to find out
imapd: not sure how to find out

Randy Syring
RCS Computers
www.rcs-comp.com

"Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."
1 Cor 10:31