Cron Job Error!!!! A newbee Request

HI all,

I am new to linux administration. I am facing a strange problem.

I have a simple cron job which has the following script

SHELL=/bin/bash
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
MAILTO=root
HOME=/
13 * * * * sh /home/projectdata/Accuweather/Parsers/currentParser.sh  {
which runs a Java Program to parse XML file } .

I editied this file from /var/spool/cron/root ..

When I manually run the command

sh /<path>/currentParser.sh , it executes perfectly . But the same command
doesn't work from the cron job. It fails to load the classes. It gives the
following exception

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/xml/sax/helpers/DefaultHandler
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:native)

I made sure that the jar files are added to the classpath variable defined
in /root/.bash_profile ..
How do we define X-Cron-Env: <SHELL=/bin/bash> variable and how to make the
classpath available to X-Cron-Env ..

I appreciate your help to this newbee. I have been trying a lot to solve
this , but in vain .

Thanks
Ibrahim

---