Re: Cron Job Error!!!! A newbee Request

> I have a simple cron job which has the following script

> When I manually run the command
>
> sh /<path>/currentParser.sh , it executes perfectly . But the same command
> doesn't work from the cron job. It fails to load the classes. It gives the
> following exception

Suggest you run

	$ /usr/bin/env

at the command line where things work fine.  Then create a new
temporary cron job entry:

* * * * * /usr/bin/env

which will send you email with the environment you've got when
cron calls things.  (Delete this cron job when done...)

Compare these two environments.  Something is missing from the env
via cron, or perhaps is changed (for example $HOME.)  Make sure you
add any necessary env vars to the script called from cron - you
probably just missed some.

One other possibility that is very unlikely is that the java
program(s) need an actual TTY, but I'd doubt that at this point.

BTW: This doesn't seem to be terribly security related...

--
Brian Hatch                  For every action,
   Systems and                there is an equal

Every message PGP signed